When you are injured at work, you are entitled to compensation. Carolyne S. Kalson, Attorney at Law, has represented injured workers since 1983, and will take persistent action on your behalf to obtain compensation. Under New Jersey law, workers are required to report the injury as soon as possible. Generally you have two years from the date of the accident to file a formal claim petition. There are two types of workers' comp claims: the specific accident claim and the occupational claim. A specific accident claim refers to an injury that was caused by a single incident, such as a fall or motor vehicle accident. An occupational claim refers to injuries that result from cumulative trauma such as carpal tunnel syndrome.


Workplace Accident Compensation Attorney

Workers' comp may entitle you to authorized medical treatment, temporary disability and a permanent award at the end of your case. You may be entitled to take a leave of absence from work under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). You may fear that taking time off will put your job in jeopardy, but the law protects your right to take time off and return to your job once your leave is completed. If your employer retaliates against you for filing a workers' comp claim or for taking time off under FMLA, lawyer Kalson will work to defend your rights.


Serving Monmouth and Ocean counties (including Toms River, Brick, Jackson, Freehold, Red Bank areas)


If you have suffered a work-related injury, contact Carolyne S. Kalson, Attorney at Law, as soon as possible. Call her office in Brick, New Jersey, at 732-785-0800 or you can contact her through her website by clicking here.  Workers' comp cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, meaning we do not get paid unless we obtain compensation for you. There is no cost to you.